1. Repair your air conditioner
Before getting rid of your old portable air conditioner or window AC unit, ask yourself this: can it be repaired? By extending the useful life of your air conditioner, you avoid using the raw materials needed to manufacture a new appliance.
What are the most common AC problems?
Several AC problems can occur:
- The unit is no longer blowing cold air
- The appliance leaks
- Only a minimal amount of cold air is flowing
- The unit is noisy
The best way to prevent air conditioning failure is to ensure regular air conditioner maintenance.
Find an air conditioning repair service near you
Several air conditioning repair services exist in Quebec that can help you decide whether repair is possible and at what cost. Before contacting an air conditioning repair service, we recommend that you check with the company that you dealt with for the purchase and installation of your air conditioner to see whether the appliance is still under warranty. If so, you may be able to have it repaired for less.
To find professional help for your air conditioner repair, we recommend consulting the Protégez-Vous interactive map of appliance repair services, which identifies 720 tested repair services.
You can also:
- Do a search on Google Maps to find the best air conditioning repair service near you, and read the reviews
- Ask a family member or friend to refer you to a trusted repair service