In collaboration with GoRecycle, most retailers will take back your old refrigerator/freezer when you buy a new one. This free service allows you to dispose of these cumbersome appliances effortlessly, and ensure that they are properly recycled.
with the purchase
of a refrigerator
How it works
When you buy a new refrigerator:
Ask your retailer
for the removal and recycling service.
Prepare your appliance
according to the retailer’s instructions.
Here are a few tips:
- Unplug it
- Be sure that it’s empty and clean
- Remove it from its location of use
- Consult the retailer’s instructions
Once your new fridge is delivered, you will be rid of your old one.
Your appliance will then be:
- Collected by a GoRecycle carrier
- Transported to PureSphera in Bécancour
- Recycled here in Quebec, with over 95% of the materials recovered
Retailers across the province
Here is the list of retailers that offer the removal and recycling service with the purchase of a new appliance:
Accent Home Furnishings